This is very simple curry which make an easy meal for your family. This curry is not very spicy compared to green curry so if you wanted to try Thai curry, just buy yellow curry. You can add more water if you find it too spicy.
This recipe makes around 4-5 portions.
What you need…
- 2 chicken breasts or any kind of meat of your choice
- 1 onion
- 2 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 package of Thai yellow curry paste
- Fish sauce and coconut sugar to taste
How to cook…
- Pour coconut milk into a pot and add yellow curry paste. You might need spoon to scoop out all the curry in the package.
- Once boil, add chicken breasts or other meat in. At this point add carrots if you like them soft (I like to add carrots but original recipe has no carrot so you can leave this out if you don’t like)
- When the meats are cooked, add onion and water and boil for another 5 minutes
- Finally add potatoes and cook around 10 minutes more or until potatoes are cooked.
- You can season with fish sauce (or salt) and coconut sugar (or normal sugar) to your liking
You can serve hot yellow curry with white rice, bread or even pasta.
Note: depending on the type of coconut milk, if the curry has too much oil on the surface just take it out using spoon.