Usually when I cooked rice, I will cook more than what both of us will eat in a meal. One of the reasons is because if you cook lesser rice in the rice cooker, the rice will burn at the bottom. What I do with the left over rice? I will put in plastic container and keep in the fridge for next day. Overnight rice will be hard and dry so if you just eat it like that, it will not be nice. So in order to enjoy the rice, I will make fried rice.
This is very simple fried rice recipe with only 4 main ingredients.
This recipe makes 2 portions.
What you need…
- Overnight rice
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Soy sauce or salt and pepper
- Some cooking oil
- Heat the frying pan and put some cooking oil. Once the pan starts to get hot, add garlic and onion. Saute for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add potatoes (should be cut into small dices so it will be easier to cook). Stir fry until potatoes are cooked.
- Add rice (if it is too dry, add some plain water 1-2 tablespoons). Combine all the ingredients.
- Lastly season with soy sauce or salt and pepper. If you have spring onion, just chop and sprinkle on top.
Note: overnight rice is best to make fried rice because no moisture. So your fried rice will not be soggy. I used mixed white and brown rice.